Monday 11 April 2011

CIWW TVF Birthday Event & Boater X Win

Me landing a huge loop on 12 cumecs at CIWW


The Vertical Element Tag Team!

Early on Saturday Morning me and Ryan Liquirish headed off to the Cardiff International White Water Course for the annual Thames Valley Freestylers 4th birthday event. When we first arrived the course hadn't been switched on yet so me and ryan did a quick long board session in the shadow of the rising sun untill the water came on. As soon as the water came on we were a bit weary of the depth of the course but as soon as we entered the main hole our minds were changed instantly! If you paddled this spot right it offered you good rewards at 9 cumecs and at 12 cumecs HUGE rewards! It was truely a great day with myself getting into the final of the freestyle competition and winning the very grueling Boater X race, another victory under my belt which I was pretty stoked with! A big shout out to Dave Wortley and Mandy Chan for running the event and of course Gareth Harvey who runs TVF! Well done to all the competitors and I think it is safe to say everyone enjoyed them selves thoroughly!

The final results were:
Freestyle:
1st: Matty Nicholas
2nd: Dale Mears
3rd: Ryan Liquirish

Boater X
1st: Charles Blyth (me)
2nd: James Metcalf
3rd: Dale Mears
A BIG thank you to Dale Mears for the photos...infact check out his blog here
Now I am waiting to get over a nasty case of food poisoning and for the rain to come so I can go creeking once again!

Also, check out my latest video of all my paddling up to date:

No comments:

Post a Comment